TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR HOSTED BUYERS ON MEETEX 2024 – Croatian Meeting Experience Summit, Zagreb, March 12-14 2024
1. Submission of the application form indicates applicant’s interest in attending the MEETEX 2024 as a Hosted Buyer. Application will be reviewed and applicants will be confirmed at the sole discretion of the MEETEX organizers. To qualify for the hosted buyer program applicants must be agency, association or corporate buyers who are responsible for planning, organizing, recommending or making financial decisions for events outside their home country.
2. Hosted Buyer participation at the MEETEX is inclusive of Hosted Buyer’s personal diary of pre-scheduled appointments with Croatia’s key industry players, profile in the event directory, program activities, complimentary 2 or 3 nights stay in 4/5* accommodation, airport and local transfers, meals and social activities according to program.
MEETEX will cover for Hosted Buyer's travelling expenses - including airline ticket of Buyer's choice reserved and purchased by Hosted Buyer, taxi, train etc - up to the total value of 300 EUR (all taxes including) except for Buyers based, residing and arriving from overseas, to which the value of reimbursement is 500 EUR . Buyer's itinerary must comply with MEETEX schedule in order to assure Hosted Buyer's presence on all MEETEX social and official activities. When reserving and purchasing their tickets Buyers are kindly requested to use the third night (14th/15th March) stay only if there is no suitable airline connection for their return trip on 14th of March, 2024 after the MEETEX official program finishes. MEETEX cannot guarantee that Hosted Buyer’s eventual third night stay will be available in the same hotel as the one during the official MEETEX working days.
Hosted Buyers must communicate their travel details particularly flights itinerary including dates, times and flight numbers to MEETEX latest by Feb 15th, 2024. Travelling expenses will be reimbursed latest 7 days after MEETEX 2024 will be concluded, against Buyer's personal or corporate invoice (with a copy of airline/taxi/train ticket attached) issued to Inovativni Eventi d.o.o., Industrijska 1, 10431 Sveta Nedelja (Croatia), VAT No HR79033337751, firstname.lastname@example.org, the PCO agency which is MEETEX Technical organizer.
3. Hosted buyers are required to attend a minimum of 15 pre-scheduled appointments as well as all networking events according to the program. In case of failing to complete these terms, MEETEX reserves the right to decline the reimbursement of Buyer's travelling expenses, and to charge the Buyer with a penalty fee of 500 EUR.
4. Hosted Buyers must be able to conduct fluent communication in English on a business speaking level as English is the official MEETEX language. Dress code for attending the working part of MEETEX is Business attire or at least Business casual.
5. Hosted buyers are strongly recommended to obtain adequate travel and medical insurance coverage for their stay at their own expense as this is not covered by the organizers.
6. It is the Hosted buyer’s own responsibility to check visa and other requirements and to organize these, where applicable, at their own expense.
7. MEETEX takes no responsibility for any Hosted buyer who may miss a flight, transfer or function related to MEETEX. This includes Hosted buyers missing flights due to visa complications, airline delays and cancellations. Any additional expense incurred is at the Hosted buyer’s own expense.
8. Cancellation of already confirmed Hosted Buyer must be received in writing and confirmed by the MEETEX. Cancellations received before January 15, 2024 do not incur a fee, unless MEETEX had any direct financial costs related to Buyer's travelling arrangements. In such case those costs would have to be reimbursed by Hosted Buyers. For late cancellations and no shows all expenses and fees incurred will be charged to the Hosted buyer, as well as the cancellation fee of 500 EUR.
9. In case of cancellation a suitable replacement Buyer from the same company may be proposed. MEETEX may choose to accept that replacement only after reviewing his/her fully completed application form. Any costs additional to the ones noted in article 2 of this Terms if related to Buyer's replacement will not be reimbursed by MEETEX.
10. By accepting the Hosted Buyer status, all hosted buyers are consenting to their contact details being made available to all exhibitors as well as all official event partners and sponsors, what may include the presentation of Buyer's details in/on/at MEETEX meeting scheduling platform, MEETEX event app, MEETEX web, and MEETEX social media channels. Hosted buyers authorize MEETEX Organizers to collect their personal information and use it only for the purpose of their participation on the event and according to the GDPR.
11. Fam Trips are organized by Croatian Tourist Boards and destination/hosts. MEETEX cannot be held liable for any eventual misunderstanding, disagreement or misconduct during the Fam Trips. MEETEX Team does select Buyers to come and attend MEETEX working part, but MEETEX Team does not have any influence on the selection of Hosted Buyers for any respective Fam Trip, their number, accommodation, program, F&B, transfers or for any other part of it whatsoever.
12. All matters and questions not covered by these Terms and Conditions are subject to the decision of the MEETEX, including eventual restrictions, changes, bans or cancellations related to the show itself which might occur by the Force Majeure, Act of God, disease outbreak, or simply due to the decision by Croatian Government to ban public acts, in which cases the Organizer/MEETEX cannot be held responsible for financial or any other loss whatsoever. Foregoing Terms and Conditions may be amended or added by the MEETEX at their discretion. The Hosted buyer agrees to abide by any and all amendments and changes by the MEETEX as well as rules and regulations set out in the present Hosted buyers Terms and Conditions, with Hosted Buyer as one, and MEETEX Organizer as the other contractual party.
Zagreb, September 2023.